Now you might be thinking…survival is a strong word and you’d be right, but in those summer months it is a battle to navigate that maze, the London Underground! We’ve all been there five more stops to go, sweltering heat wishing we’d never stepped foot on that escalator.
Don’t panic, help is at hand – here are three easy ways to survive the summer Underground:
- Take off that jacket – you’re leaving work, rushing to get home in 20 plus degrees heat then suddenly you’re through the gates on the escalator and jumping onto the tube just before it leaves the station (great timing you think). But…then you realise your error, the jacket is still on – the bead of sweat has already started moving down your black, grimacing you realise…that jackets here to stay!! Wipe away that grimace…the solution is here and its very simple…take the jacket off when you leave the office, that shop, that cafe.
- Bring a bottle of water – simple but effective! Uses:
- Face/forehead cooler – admittedly needs to be done early on in the journey before your water has effectively boiled but still handy!
- Face wash – a quick splash on the neck and face works wonders!!
- Refreshment – last but certainly not least the most common use for the water bottle – rehydrate to dehydrate!!
- Avoid it – throw caution to the wind be the pioneer who steps out into the unknown. Enjoy all that London has to offer, beautiful sites like Somerset House await you should you chose the path less travelled or The Mall when walking from Victoria to Trafalgar Square. Such history such magnificence!
Final thought: If you get lost on your wonderings, well…whatever happened to your sense of adventure!? You never know you might find that hidden gem you’ve been looking for.
Never forget…London is beautiful in the summer.
Would love to have your comments and experiences of the London underground and summer living.