When the rose bush attempts to pull you in 😉 lol…admiring these beautiful pink Roses in full bloom just off Lavender Hill in Clapham
This city is absolutely gorgeous and I’m making it my mission to capture just some of it’s beauty this summer.
You just have to walk a little off the beaten track and you will fined yourself immersed in the gorgeous displays of flowers and ivy that intertwine so many of London’s homes.
This summer I will take you on a journey of just a few of these hidden gems as I wander London’s streets with my trusty cameraman. I would love for you to join me…enjoy!!
Another amazing day at Church coupled with summer vibes at the Charlotte Street Hotel!!
Psalm 118:24 – ‘This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.’
Psalm 9:1-2 – ‘I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.’
God is so good – isn’t it amazing how much joy being in His presence brings!! He is a good good Father and He loves you so much.
Afternoon tea and a little healthy snack…
Followed by the most amazing chocolate gateaux
And capped off with a textbook British Summer experience!
Enjoying our fabulous long weekend with a mini picnic and a little walk round our ‘secret garden’!! Be safe and hope you’re all having an amazing blessed weekend in the sun.
Nothing like a homemade picnic…courtesy of Waitrose!!
Enter the secret garden:
Now you might be thinking…survival is a strong word and you’d be right, but in those summer months it is a battle to navigate that maze, the London Underground! We’ve all been there five more stops to go, sweltering heat wishing we’d never stepped foot on that escalator.
Don’t panic, help is at hand – here are three easy ways to survive the summer Underground:
- Take off that jacket – you’re leaving work, rushing to get home in 20 plus degrees heat then suddenly you’re through the gates on the escalator and jumping onto the tube just before it leaves the station (great timing you think). But…then you realise your error, the jacket is still on – the bead of sweat has already started moving down your black, grimacing you realise…that jackets here to stay!! Wipe away that grimace…the solution is here and its very simple…take the jacket off when you leave the office, that shop, that cafe.
- Bring a bottle of water – simple but effective! Uses:
- Face/forehead cooler – admittedly needs to be done early on in the journey before your water has effectively boiled but still handy!
- Face wash – a quick splash on the neck and face works wonders!!
- Refreshment – last but certainly not least the most common use for the water bottle – rehydrate to dehydrate!!
- Avoid it – throw caution to the wind be the pioneer who steps out into the unknown. Enjoy all that London has to offer, beautiful sites like Somerset House await you should you chose the path less travelled or The Mall when walking from Victoria to Trafalgar Square. Such history such magnificence!
Final thought: If you get lost on your wonderings, well…whatever happened to your sense of adventure!? You never know you might find that hidden gem you’ve been looking for.
Never forget…London is beautiful in the summer.
Would love to have your comments and experiences of the London underground and summer living.